Monday, June 6, 2011

Mornings scriptures...

I'm not a very good pray-er. I've had some beautiful experiences with prayer in my life, but on a day to day basis--though I do it out of obedience-- it's definitely an area I need to work on (I'm such a talker too, maybe I need to pretend to phone Heavenly Father!)

I say this because I realize that's why I love Psalms. I find myself opening to them often. Prayer, pleadings, poetry all in one.

This morning (after a great early morning run/walk with a friend...and Levi, who refused to be left behind) I read Psalm 63.

Early will I seek thee...
to see they power...
because thy loving kindness is better than life...
thus will I bless thee while I live...
my soul shall be satisfied....

When I remember thee upon my bed, and mediate on thee
in the NIGHT WATCHES.

Because thou hast been my help,
therefore in the shadow of thy wings shall I rejoice.

My soul followeth HARD after thee.


I need to rely more on the Lord. I need to feel His wings (a favorite scriptural image of mine I should write about another time) stretching over me and my family.
To trust His way is better, satisfying, enough.

And as I continue to be on "night watch", I need to use the stillness to think of Him.

To be committed not just to "feel after" the Lord when I get desperate (D&C 101:8)
but to follow Him always. To try HARD to follow His example.
"Follow hard after thee" love that phrase.

Children are stirring one last quote that hit me this morning from Pres Uchtdorf's talk Happiness, Your Heritage

"Immerse yourself in the work of our Father...
discouragement,
inadequacy
and weariness

will give way to a life of

meaning,
grace
and fulfillment."


How much if my time do I waste on the first three, instead of enjoying the last three?

1 comments:

Jennifer said...Best Blogger Tips

Wow Chels. You're such a teacher. Just wait till Mckye is older. He's gonna be one wise little man. I love how you share your thouhts, your promptings, your life lessons. your kids are so lucky to have you. You are such a natural teacher. you bless the lives of others so much.