Sunday, March 27, 2016

Our Week in Photos: Soothers, Stacking and Easter Eggs

I am such a fan of soothers. Having said that, I've only had 1 outta 5 of my children actually take them! Well Enoch did for the first few months of his life...and it makes SUCH a difference! I could swaddle him tight, pop in the soother and he'd be asleep in like 20 seconds. Then one day, outta the blue he acted like his soother was poison and we've been suffering ever since (by "we" I mean me and my nipples!) It sucks--pun intended-- to be someones soother. 

I really am so glad Hadley takes one (she still wakes up screaming at night for other reasons, beyond her and her father's comprehension) but having had Enoch so quickly after her, i was so gratful she coudl get comfort from something other than me. 

So one day I had my camera out right before I put her down for her nap adn I figured I'd do a little mini-shoot in gratitude: my very own Ode to a Soother. 

(She calls them Ooooo, which still makes me think she thinks something is yucky, until I clue in, Oh! duh sOOOOther!"








 She also LOOOOOOOOVES her blankies. To the point where I had to use old flannel ones for Enoch cuz all the nice light muslin ones, Hadley was claiming. She has at leaset 1 usually 3 with her.

She plays with the edges while she falls asleep.





 Night night Hadley.

When she's going down for a nap or bedtime, she says "Nigh-nigh" to everyone, but especially her brothers. It's quite the production.

"Boy-ez, Boy-ez! Nigh-nigh boyz!" (I need to get the ritual on tape cuz I never wanna forget how cute her little voice is calling to them)

Then she says "Hugs!" Big full squeeze hugs, and then "Kisses!" and she get to on the lips smooches from McKye and Levi. It's adorable.

Almost as adorable as this...
















Stacking. I'm actually really glad I got this this week, because Aaron left his "beloved" childcraft books outside when all that wet ,wet snow fell, and they were totally ruined and had to be thrown out.

For a couple year now they have appeared randomly all over my house. Wherever Aaron is, his stacks are stacked beside him. Which is fine, except he compulsively has to knock over the nice neat piles whenever he leaves the house, leaving me with a total mess.... to stack....but I don't enjoy it like Aaron does!





















An finally some easter fun.
Starting with paper in our jammies... (With my temporary table, while I procrastinate re-finishing  my other table that sitting half sanded in my garage:)





And yesterday, getting into the real stuff. (With only a dozen instead of two dozen eggs, because, the only thing Aaron finds funner than stacking things, is breaking eggs:)





They were soooo cute, teaching her the colours and just giving her so much attention. It's sweet.


















 and more princess stickers.....






0 comments: