Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bahamas 2012

Twas the week before Christmas and I was frantically wrapping presents so everything could be done when we got back... from the Bahamas!

 Now where on earth was I gonna stash presents and NOT have them found, and ripped open prematurely for a whole week??? Into my sister- in-laws car trunk they went.

And off to the sunshine we went.


Ben's company full on spoiled us this year. 
We stayed at Atlantis Paradise Island. The place was HUGE!

We'd been there 4 days, walked everywhere (we thought) 
and still discovered a whole other pool!!! 


There were aquarium and pools with tons of aquatic life everywhere! You'd just walk through tunnel and caves and see sharks and massive manta rays...its was crazy!





And turtles.





 And dolphins! We' decided we should do the swimming with the dolphins thing at least once. it was way cool. One of the dolphins name was McKye! (well Machai)









We get along real well with the Idaho regional techs 

(The one wife, Nikki has always been in my favs books, because she's just a super caring person. I'll always remember the very first time we went to Hawaii with the company and I had 6 week old baby McKye,  and she just came on up and said, "OK so I'm taking your kids one afternoon this week so you two can go snorkel or something just the two of you, ok?" how do you not love a person that generous? And Hannah and I discovered this trip that we both served on temple square!



Lots a self portraits


It's always nice to dress up every once in a while.


Such pretty white sand and blue water.





















And then there were the water slides!!!


Like the one off the mayan temple that went THROUGH the tank shark!!!! Can you see the tubes in the tube?

This one was cool cuz you could race and it had your times displayed.


Tube rides were the best though.


















The last day was pretty windy. (flet like home!)
We hung out in the private Cabanas and played cards.
(Yes, those cards do say Vivint)

It was way fun to have Trevor and April along this year.
they actually managed to NOT talk work the whole time!!!

 I LOVED how colourful all the little buildings were!








As beautiful as it all was...as always I was excited to get back to my boys.
It was nice to contemplate about them (once I'd slept a bit!!!)
Heck, the greatest highlight of the whole week was meeting Dallin,
and yes while I believe in taking the time to regroup I still maintain a lot of the sentiments from the end of this post-vacation post.

It's opposition in all things I suppose. The cold made me appreciate the sun,
but in the end I was ready to trade in the palm trees for twinkly lights,
to say goodbye to the water slides and have just as much, if not more fun,
on a little tiny slope sledding with my kids.






1 comments:

Liesel said...Best Blogger Tips

I can see McKye in your face in the first pic of just you and the dophin.
And, yes, I kind of can see how McKye looks a bit like Greg in that other picture.
And, good on you for the scripture for each child. Now get on the wood carving. :)