Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lullabies and silent prayers

How could it not feel like enough?
My constant exertion, still so far?

This is what my heart leaked out to the Lord tonight, as I knelt silent at my bedside.
My prayers often turn from words to feelings thrust heavenward.

Then from the other room I heard the music from the whirling primary CD that serenades my sons' sweaty-sweet slumber.

What does the Father ask of us?
 ...have faith, have hope, 
live like His Son, 
help other's on their way.  

that's it.
that's all.

My disappointments, my frustrations, my soul wringing anxieties were springing from contrived expectations of what I "ought" to be accomplishing, too far removed from theses simple instructions:

Have faith Have hope. Help others.

My wordless prayer continued. Gratitude floating now from my calmed heart, beyond my ceiling to my Father, who knew just what I needed to hear.



Link to the song I heard

0 comments: